Where do I find the Buyer’s Guide?
The Buyer's Guide is now the Product Guide and is an online-only searchable document. We will no longer have this guide in print.

What is the difference between Kiln Dried (KD) and Heat Treated (HT) lumber?
Kiln dried lumber is heated in kilns to reduce moisture in lumber through evaporation to reduce warping, but may not reach an internal temperature that sterilizes the wood. Heat treated lumber is heated to 56°C for 30 minutes to ensure complete sterilization of the lumber.

How do I find out what company a stamp belongs to?
You can look up the stamp number in our membership directory. You can submit a picture of the stamp via email to and we will get back to you, typically the same business day.

How is board feet calculated?
Width in inches X length in feet / 12 = board feet Example: 8’ 2x4 = 2 x 4 = 8 / 12 = .666 x 8’ = 5.333 board feet Example: 16’ 2x6 = 2 x 6 = 12 / 12 = 1 x 16’ = 16 board feet

What areas does the West Coast Lumber Inspection Bureau service?
U.S. and Europe. Please contact us for specific states and countries.


WCLIB has compiled some of the most commonly asked questions regarding requirements and regulations of Wood Packaging Materials and how they may apply to you. We understand you may have additional questions not answered here and encourage you to contact us to get those questions answered or to find out more about becoming a member of WCLIB for your Wood Packaging Material or Non-Manufactured Wood Packaging needs. Our friendly staff will be happy to answer all your questions and can be reached at 503.639.0651.


How do I order grade stamps?
If you are a new member starting service with the WCLIB, please contact our office to order your first set of grade stamps by calling 503.639.0651. Existing members ordering additional stamps please contact our vendor, Gateway Graphics, directly by calling 844.559.5083 or by emailing Peter O'Brien at

Can I have an existing structure or in-place lumber graded?
Absolutely. Please contact our Director of Quality Services, Skeet Rominger at or by calling 503.639.0651 for getting an inspection scheduled

How do I become a Grader?
Contact the appropriate employee at your mill and have them schedule a time to have one of our supervisors conduct training.

Does WCLIB sell lumber?
No. WCLIB is a Lumber Grading Agency for members that produce lumber and lumber products.